Friday, August 5, 2016

SmartWool PHD Outdoor Light Mini Socks Review


I like these socks!  SmartWool PHD Outdoor Light mini socks are made with what they call "indestructawool technology", these merino wool socks should last a long time.  They fit me well.  The light cushioning helped my feet deal with an all day hike while allowing my feet to breathe properly. 
Sock construction is 58% merino wool, 40% nylon and 2% elastane.  The socks are ankle high and are designed specifically for hiking.  They also are available in a charcoal color.  I like the feel of these socks, even in hot weather. 
Wearing them while hiking in the hot sands of the Great Sand Dunes or when kayaking in Florida, I felt quite comfortable.  I even slept in them at night.  Rinsing out is all that was needed on an overnight trip.  Walking through a stream with them on, my feet felt dry within a few minutes.
These Smartwool socks were purchased with my own funds.  They sell at REI for around $17.

No comments:

Post a Comment