Friday, July 8, 2016

REI Quarterdome 1 Repair

Everything for the repair
Repairing the REI Quarterdome 1 damage caused by a bicycle chainring was quite easy.
I purchased a new roll of the Tenacious Tape Fabric Repair Tape in gray.  I read the directions.  There is rip stop within the tape, for strength.

The largest hole of 5 is noticible above
It said to clean the area with rubbing alchohol, which I did, both sides.  Then I cut the 2 peices (inside and outside) with curves at the ends so it wouldn't catch on anything.  I peeled off the backing and smoothly applied to both sides.

Scissors with curves
When I setup the tent later, I didn't notice the repair.  Very cool.  Tuesday, June 21, 2016 is the date of the repair.  I will keep watch to see if the Tenacious Tape comes loose.

Cut peice, ready to apply

No comments:

Post a Comment