Friday, May 23, 2014

Restoring Myself

Friday's Sunset
The weather outside is great for Florida in May, the sun is out with few clouds, the humidity is low and the temperatures were in the mid-60's this morning.  So why am I inside, typing on the computer?  I am restoring myself.
Somehow, I cut my toe and it hurts to walk on it.  Since walking is what I do, I decided to sit back and let it heal, and not make it worse by hiking on it today.
I did some household chores and took my wife out for a short day trip and we enjoyed fish tacos outdoors. Yes, I walked a little, but I really enjoyed myself.  By slowing down and not pushing to check off everything on my to do list in the scant daylight left to me, I can enjoy some peace, and even be surprised at what I do find.
A nice break at a trail head.
On Saturday I rode my bicycle along the Seminole-Wekiva trail for 16 miles and spent the rest of the day watching movies.  Nice and relaxing!
Hopefully, I'll be able to walk better next week, maybe even ride my bicycle again, take some more photos and just enjoy being outdoors.
Next weekend, I will be back outdoors again, shooting video and having a blast!  And feel renewed because I spent some time restoring myself.  Isn't life grand?
A mom Raccoon with 2 babies along the trail

No comments:

Post a Comment