Friday, January 8, 2016

Feathered Warmth

32 Degree Down Vest
My 32 Degrees brand Down Vest has been an excellent purchase from Costco for around $20. While not a name brand, it wears well and keeps me warm, either by itself over a long sleeve tee shirt and when used under a raincoat/windbreaker. Being 650 fill down, it is very soft and comfortable with a slick nylon shell. For the price, it is hard to be beat.
It has zippered pockets, covers my neck with a stand-up collar, has a mini-bungee waist band with cord lock, zips up and has inside pockets behind the outside pockets. And it is very light, weighing only 7.5 ounces on my scale and comes with a ditty bag to store it in (included in weight).
My cell phone fits perfectly inside the zippered hand warmer pocket and I still have room to warm up my hand against my body with the down over the outside.
I have been wearing this vest, both inside and out since October and I am very pleased with how it fits and wears. It is very comfortable. On a recent snowy hike, I wore it with long underwear, a nylon fishing shirt and cargo pants and was quite warm.
I have owned down vests before, giving my last one to my mother years ago to keep her warm during the Kentucky winters. After the new Down Tek waterproof treated down vests pass some time of getting dunked, I'll try one of them. In the meantime, I'm warm and comfortable with my inexpensive down vest.

No comments:

Post a Comment