Friday, October 24, 2014

Colorado Summer Hikes I Miss

It is that autumn time of the year when I really miss hiking in the Colorado Mountains!  The snow is (mostly) gone from mountain trails, the days are cool and the stars are awesome on moonless nights.
My family would travel to Rocky Mountain National Park often to enjoy Trail Ridge Road with views of the Never Summer Mountains.
The Great Sand Dunes National Park was another favorite, along with summer road trips throughout the region to the Western Slope, Steamboat Springs, and Mesa Verde near Durango.  Also riding the narrow gauge railroads and learning about the local history was awesome!  The backwoods drives were beautiful with so much to see, my wife often reminded me to keep my eyes on the road.
Check out these 5 inspiring Colorado trails and trips to get a taste of what it is like there.

No comments:

Post a Comment